Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Favorite Lipsticks for Spring and Summer


I used to not be the type to wear lipstick at all! I would only wear chapstick and sometimes a sheer lip gloss here and there, but really it was rare when I wore lipstick! Recently I've been wearing it a lot more than usual and I'm loving it! I love experimenting and seeing what works for me and what doesn't! So with that being said, I wanted to share with you all my favorite lipsticks for Spring and Summer! :) 

Bright lips are a thing now, as well as pastels, but in this post it's going to be half bright and half toned down! For those who do love to have bold bright lips and for those who like a more natural toned down kind of lip! I think these products are good for both types of people! :) 


I've been loving Milani's lipstick collection, I have four already (will be getting more!) and I love them! It's a drugstore brand which is great and the formula is amazing and the colors are true to the display shade on the bottom of the tube! 

It's a very bright pink color and it is a creamy consistency, but not over the top! On the lips as you will see it doesn't look creamy! 

I feel like this color is great for a pop of color to a simple outfit and if you have natural tan skin like myself the color will look so good on you! (ignore the stain on my shirt!)

This is a matte color and if you don't like your lips to feel creamy this is the one for you! It says it's matte, but the good thing I noticed about this lipstick is that it doesn't dry your lips that the typical matte lipstick does which I think is amazing! 

It's also easy to apply and not as tough to work with! 

And it's definitely a bright bold pink and is a color to add to your collection, for sure!

Now here's another matte lipstick and if you like a good matte berry color this is the one for you! Personally I'd wear this in the summer and fall time! It's such a pretty color and it's the right mix of bright and dark ( if that's even a thing!)!

It's pretty matte and it has a berry almost dark plum color to it! 

Here's what the color looks like on the lips! I like that it's bright, but not dramatically bright! And it's tricky to apply but once you wear a couple of times, you'll know which technique works for you when applying this lipstick on! 

This was raved about for months on end and was one of the most sold in the Too Faced Melted collection and I can see why! It's bright, of course, and even though it's a sponge applicator (image below!) it applies the product on very well! I was a bit skeptical because of the sponge, but it proved me wrong once I tested it out! 


It applies well and not splotchy at all! 

Super bold and great for that pop of color on your lips! 

Now it's time for the toned down pinks! These are great for the casual errand run, casual date, or you simply do not like the bright colors on your lips and prefer a more natural pink! 

This is a nice pink color for the Spring and Summer! It's a sort of bubblegum pink, but toned down! You don't need a lot of product otherwise it will be too creamy and will not look good! The formula is good and applying it is easy! 

As you can see the consistency is pretty creamy

Overall it looks nice on the lips and isn't too creamy looking! 

This is a rosy pink color! It's from the moisture renew collection! It does exactly that, it makes your lips feel more moist and hydrated and you don't need a lot for it to do the work! This is one of my go-to lip colors for when I don't want to wear a bold bright color!  

It looks bright and super pigmented, but it's not once it's on the lips!

As you can see it looks like you have lipstick on, but it doesn't look overpowering and it looks more natural than anything! 

This is a darker pink compared to the one above and this is such a nice color! It's not too dark and it's not too pigmented either! It's easy to apply and you don't need a lot, a little goes a long way! My go-to color, seriously, I always carry this lipstick with me! 

The application is smooth and not as creamy! 

Now I did put a bit too much here, but this is a beautiful natural pink! I highly recommend this lipstick! 

So these were all of my favorite lipsticks for the Spring and Summer and I love every single one! haha Hope y'all enjoyed this and have a great Tuesday! :) 

What lipstick do you wear all the time during the Spring/Summer? 




2 comments:

  1. All of those lipsticks look great on you! I think my favorite is the Rimmel one

    -Nicole
    Meet Me In Midtown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! I just started buying Rimmel's lip products and I'm loving them! :)

      Delete