Monday, April 27, 2015

Preparing for Finals!


So either you have finals this week (like I do) or they're slowly creeping up on you, the struggle to study can get real because it's so close to the end of the semester that you just wanna call it quits or just not even try anymore, right? That's how it usually is for me, honestly, but this finals week routine I've been recently doing has helped improve my studying skills! 

Having a clean room/atmosphere
I've learned that having a clean atmosphere has helped me get into the studying mood. Not having my room clean, in general, makes me go crazy, but there's something about finals week that makes me want to clean more and actually enjoy cleaning. Weird, I know. I feel like this gives you less stress because you aren't worried about cleaning because you already cleaned, plus this gives you more time to study which is always good! 

Light your favorite candle
To add the clean atmosphere, I usually (always) light a candle. It gives a calm vibe and the fact that it smells amazing is a plus! The candle I've been burning is Oceanside from Bath & Body Works, however it is running low so I'll most likely burn my second favorite at the moment which is Cherry Blossom Sangria from Bath & Body Works! :) 

Eat well and drink lots of fluids

Now when reading that it sounds like a doctor's recommendation, but really it helps! You can substitute this to fit your liking, but I tend to go for fruit and yogurt and water because I'm trying to be healthier in my eating decisions. I drink water, tea or coffee. It's also a good break to have when you feel like you've studied a good amount and want to let your brain rest for a while! 

Listen (or make) a study playlist
Music is a big part of my life and I listen to music religiously so studying while listening to music is a must for me. It changes, but I usually listen to indie or classical music when I study. I can't stand being in a silent place when studying, it drives me crazy so listening to music or even going to a coffee house makes studying a bit better, in my opinion.

Make notecards
This is a well-known tip, but it does help. I recently used them for my art final and it made it easier to learn the vocabulary and different eras. I will definitely be using notecards for my sociology and history finals. They're easy to grab and put in your bag for on the go studying which is great!

So these are a few things I do to prepare for finals and I hope it helped you in any way and if you have any other tips, I would love to hear about them in the comments! :) 

What do you do to prepare for finals week?



No comments:

Post a Comment