Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Go-To Travel Makeup Routine


Hey guys, so in less than 24 hours I will be in Mexico (Beyond excited!) so I thought I'd share with you all my makeup routine for when I am traveling. It looks like a lot of makeup products, but it really isn't, it's simple and natural looking. 

The first thing I do before applying my makeup is moisturize my face, because I have dry skin, moisturizing before anything is a must! 
I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and I follow the directions strictly, I apply it twice, once in the morning and the again at night, and the results are amazing! It leaves my face feeling less dry which is always a wonderful thing! 

Once I let the moisturizer sit in for a couple minutes, I apply a foundation primer so my foundation doesn't budge and also to protect my skin a tad. 
I use the E.L.F. Mineral Face Primer and this primer leaves my face looking flawless which is what I love about this primer and it doesn't feel sticky like the other primers I have tried! 

While I wait for the primer to get fully absorbed into my skin, I go ahead and apply an eye primer.
I use the Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hour Smoothing Eye Primer , now it is a bit overly prized for a 0.39 oz tube, thankfully I got it as a sample, but it does a great job in keeping your eye makeup on for a long time!

I always do my eye makeup first before I apply my foundation. I do this in case I mess up and have to  clean up a bit and this saves me from reapplying foundation every time. 
The eyeshadow palette I use is the Revlon ColorStay Eyeshadow Palette in Moonlit , this is a nice palette, it's neutral and it's only 8 bucks, so it's budget friendly which is always good! 

The brush I use is the double sided brush that came with the Naked 2 eyeshadow palette and it does the job justice and I use less brushes which is good for when I'm getting ready to head to the airport.
This is the brush! 

After applying my eyeshadow, I line my tight line and waterline. 
You can barely see the name, but I use the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion and this is the blackest black matte they have. It is pricey, but as I was looking thought my makeup box I found it and forgot that I even purchased it, so I just use it to line my tight line and water line. 

Then I use a gel liner and I use the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black
and the brush I use is the E.L.F. Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush
This works great for when I'm on the go and want to do a quick thin eyeliner and even though it is 3 bucks, it does a good job and totally affordable! 

After, I apply mascara and I use two mascaras and both are samples, but I would definitely purchase them in the full size! 
The first one is the Tate Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara in Black and then the second one is Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Carbon Black . Now like I said before, they are on the pricier end, but they are amazing mascaras, great quality, give your lashes that lift and the combo of these two is just great! 

Once I'm done with my eye makeup, I finally apply my foundation! 
I use the Clinique Superbalanced Foundation in Honeyed Beige and again, a pricey item, but it does an amazing job at covering up and leaving a flawless finish. 

The two options I use to apply my foundation is a dupe version of the beauty blender that I got from TJ Maxx and then the Clinique Foundation Brush (I stole this from my mom, haha, sorry mom!) 

It leaves my face looking matte and not shiny at all even after hours of having it on and I love it! 

And lastly I apply blush! 
I use the Benefit Rockateur Blush and it's easy to apply and has that rose gold effect and it's natural looking and I love this blush even though it's ridiculously price, but it does a great job, for sure!

So that was my travel makeup routine, it seems like a lot, but when actually applying everything on it takes me about 5-10 minutes max! It's a simple eye look for traveling and it's also great for everyday wear! Hope you enjoyed this post and I'll have a travel outfits post up soon (real soon!) 

What is your must-have travel makeup essential? 












No comments:

Post a Comment